[MlMt] Update check fails (was: Re: Beta Downloads (was: Thanks for r5826 — Composer fix))

Greg Earle earle at isolar.DynDNS.ORG
Thu Oct 7 18:04:26 EDT 2021

On 7 Oct 2021, at 9:47, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 1 Oct 2021, at 20:17, Greg Earle wrote:
>
>> I just noticed (from looking at Bob's archives URL) that I am still
>> running the Public MailMate 1.13.2 (5673) release from last year.
>>
>> I went into Preferences... -> Software Update and was surprised to
>> see this:
>>
>>     Last Check: SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired
>
> Which macOS release do you use?
>
> I was unable to reproduce this on 12.x and 10.15.7 (which were the
> releases easily available to me), but it did happen on 10.15.5 before
> I updated that machine. I've got another report about it happening on
> 10.13.

Hi Benny,

I'm still on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 because I'm on a Mid 2010 Mac Pro and
- if I use dosdude1's Catalina patch it will break my iSight camera and
other stuff I need for work so I've stayed away with it.  (Gonna replace
it with a M1X-based Mac mini if we ever get one ... )

Is the problem on my end?  I'm not sure where I would've run across the
X3 root cert.

I'm OK with not being able to do the update check from within the
program as long as any new public release gets announced to the mailing
list  ;-)

		- Greg