[MlMt] version 8 of Todoist broke links to emails

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Wed Oct 6 03:04:28 EDT 2021

I upgraded to version 8.0.1 of the Todoist app (from version 7) and all
new links from MM are not working - clicking the link switches me to MM
but the expected email is not being open. The core was updated a couple
times since then but the problem remains.

I compared the new links to old ones and noticed that additional
characters are inserted in the URL.

The task created by version 8 is for example:

create course
([link](message://%253c5A5A03CC-FC01-4ED2-A3C4-61971EC37312@uni-potsdam.de%253e))

when I remove 25 after the % to match the syntax of earlier links

create course
([link](message://%3c5A5A03CC-FC01-4ED2-A3C4-61971EC37312@uni-potsdam.de%3e))

then the link works fine.

I did not change anything else, just upgraded Todoist. However,
Todoist’s support claims that the problem is with our bundle.

Does anyone else see this issue?

Robert