[MlMt] MailMate and Monterey

Thomas Bartlett t.bartlett at me.com
Fri Nov 26 06:07:55 EST 2021

Thank you. I have now downloaded 5850 and it’s running well.

What seems to have made the difference in being able to download mail from the Outlook and Hotmail servers is app-specific passwords that I got (from where I don’t remember) and inserted into the IMAP and SMTP password lines of the settings for both accounts. I have been leaving OAuth2 unchecked, because downloading occurs well without it and I think I’ve had some problems when I did check it. With Hotmail I can send and receive; with Outlook only receive, which is probably the more important of the two actions, since I have mail newsletters sent to that address.

I have Thunderbird on my computer but haven’t done much with it yet. Since you mention it, when time permits maybe I’ll give it a look and see if I can learn anything that might enhance my use of MailMate as well.

Thomas