[MlMt] How can I tell MM to NOT retrieve mail?

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Thu May 27 15:43:44 EDT 2021

On 2021-05-27 at 04:37:18 UTC-0400 (Thu, 27 May 2021 10:37:18 +0200)
Benny Kjær Nielsen <mailmate at lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

> On 26 May 2021, at 22:25, Jo wrote:
>
>> My husband is a contractor, and I'm the one who does the QuickBooks
>> stuff for him, which includes emailing invoices and estimates. I use
>> his email for this. But I don't want to RECEIVE his email.
>
> That's a bit unusual, but read on below.
>
>> I have his account set to synchronize manually, but it still seems to
>> snag them. Is it because I occasionally click on my general 'inbox'
>> folder?
>
> Yes, manually just means that MailMate won't fetch emails unless you
> somehow interact with the mailbox (selecting it, moving emails to it,
> etc.).
>
>> How can I fix it such that it won't receive?
>
> You can take the INBOX of the account specifically offline using
> “Mailbox ▸ Take Offline”. Or you can take the entire account
> offline, but then your sent emails won't be uploaded to the “Sent
> Messages” mailbox of the account.
>
> But note that it can be a bit hard to see what's going on if some
> mailboxes are offline, e.g., if you move something from/to an offline
> mailbox within the account then MailMate cannot synchronize this move
> with the server, but it'll still look like it was moved in MailMate.

Another solution is to unsubscribe from everything except the "Sent"
mailbox.

MM supports a client-side subscription list so you don't interfere with
what the server says is subscribed. Edit IMAP Account->Edit
Subscriptions... Check "Ignore server subscription state for private
namespaces" and uncheck everything in the "Client" column that you don't
ever want to see.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org