[MlMt] Code blocks?

Mon May 17 05:08:40 EDT 2021

On 16 May 2021, at 18:39, Bryce Wray wrote:

> Now that Benny is back “among us” again :-)

We'll see how long it lasts :)

>> Am I crazy, or did MailMate used to keep “smart” typography out of code blocks so that, e.g., single and quotation marks in those code blocks wouldn’t get “curly” as in the following silly example?

MailMate didn’t do anything by itself for code segments. I think you are looking for “Edit ▸ Substitutions ▸ Smart Quotes” where you should be able to turn of this macOS feature only for MailMate composer windows.

That said, there are other bugs in how quotes are handled in code segments meaning that you couldn't enter straight quotes without having them converted to HTML entities. This is fixed in the next update in which the code causing this issue is more robust (it was the switch to CommonMark which triggered an old hack for the previous Markdown converter to fail).