[MlMt] Error with items in Office365 account Deleted Items folder

freron at aetm.us freron at aetm.us
Sun May 16 11:16:56 EDT 2021

Every time I start MM I get the below error from my Office365 account. I disabled all the non-mail folders, but am getting this error for two items in my Deleted Items folder.

There are of course calendar, contact, and task items in Deleted Items, but apparently only two of them are causing this error, and it only started a couple of days ago.

I do want MM to index the mail in Deleted Items.

I tried to deleted the problem items, but can’t figure out how to identify them: messages with those UIDs are not in the folder in MM. I can access the folder in Outlook for Windows but don’t know how to see UIDs?

"MailMate encountered the following error: “Failed to fetch data for 1 messages.”.
Mailbox: “Deleted Items”.
This indicates a server bug. You can tell MailMate to always ignore messages involved in this type of error (for this account) or you can temporarily ignore the messages with the following UIDs: “55147,55148”."

Thank you for any help!
Christian

—
relevant previous thread:

Thibaud
error with Exchange

Reported by Thibaud | March 3rd, 2015 @ 07:41 AM

Hello,

I connect to an Exchange server (by IMAP) and I get the following error:

Unexpected reply from IMAP server

MailMate encountered the following error: “Failed to fetch data for 3 messages.”.
Mailbox: “Calendrier”.
This indicates a server bug. You can tell MailMate to always ignore messages involved in this type of error (for this account) or you can temporarily ignore the messages with the following UIDs: “4,12,13”.

with a message popping-up regularly.

For information, I have a calendar on this Exchange server which is named "Calendrier" and there are three items inside, so I guess the confusion comes from this.

Happy to help if more information is needed.

Thanx :)
Comments and changes to this ticket

    benny
    benny March 3rd, 2015 @ 08:29 AM
        State changed from “new” to “resolved”

    I believe this is not really an IMAP mailbox and I'm not sure why it is exposed via IMAP. I also don't think MailMate can automatically ignore it since it looks not different than other mailboxes (other than failing to fetch messages).

    I suggest you go to “File ▸ Edit IMAP Account ▸ ...” and click “Edit Subscriptions” and then unsubscribe the mailbox. That should clear up the problem.

    Alternatively, you can right-click the “Calendrier” mailbox and explicitly select “Take Offline”.

    Let me know if this does not help.
    Thibaud
    Thibaud March 3rd, 2015 @ 02:20 PM
        Tag changed from “exchange calendar imap” to “calendar, exchange, imap”

    Thank you, it solved the problem!