[MlMt] Memory usage

Fri May 14 14:05:51 EDT 2021

On 11 May 2021, at 9:10, Patrik Fältström via mailmate wrote:

> I have been looking at the memory usage of mailmate throughout the years. I have concluded it "uses lots of memory".

Correct :)

> I have four imap accounts where specifically one have lots of messages. In total I have 2.988.939 messages, and MailMate eats 4.34GByte of memory about half an hour after starting.

I'm pretty sure that's close to the record. I usually tell people that MailMate can only handle a few hundred thousand if they ask.

> Any strategies for using less memory? [too many virtual mailboxes]

I might regret this if there turns out to be unintended side effects, but you could possibly delete some of the database index files such as those for the “received” header. Some are more important than others for the internal workings of MailMate while others are only needed if searched explicitly.