[MlMt] Memory usage

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Wed May 12 01:49:22 EDT 2021

On 12 May 2021, at 7:31, Philip Paeps wrote:

> I do all of my filtering with sieve server-side and only have a handful of virtual mailboxes.  I wonder if the number of messages that a virtual mailbox matches contributes something to the memory footprint.  You mention elsethread that you have a "all mail in the past six months" virtual mailbox and use it as your default search target.  Could it be that MailMate keeps the index of that virtual mailbox in memory?  That may be something worth poking at.

Good point. As most of my "old messages" are in separate physical mailboxes, I should not use virtual mailboxes to "filter them out", and that way decrease the number of virtual mailboxes. Specifically keep the number of email messages in virtual mailboxes to a minimum.

Thanks for good ideas!

   Patrik