[MlMt] Custom sounds?

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Fri May 14 14:49:54 EDT 2021

On 2021-05-14 at 13:32:48 UTC-0400 (Fri, 14 May 2021 11:32:48 -0600)
Randall Meadows <mailmate at lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

> Is there a way to configure Mailmate to use custom sounds (instead of
> only the stock system sounds) in the Counters prefpane?  (I really
> don't like the new sounds in Big Sur.)  Hidden preference/defaults?

Does dropping a AIFF sound file in ~Library/Sounds/ make it available on
the Sound menu of the Counters preferences pane?

That (which is how MacOS custom alert sounds have been added since
forever) works on Mojave. If they've broken it in Big Sur, that would be
yet another reason to delay "upgrading."

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org
Not Currently Available For Hire