[MlMt] My sent messages have disappeared - are there any useful logs?

Pat Maddox pat at patmaddox.com
Fri May 7 04:54:25 EDT 2021

I was pretty shocked to go looking through my Sent mail folder to find
only 6 messages. I usually have thousands in there, dating back years.

My only guess as to what happened is that I restored my computer from a
backup, and maybe it didn’t have emails cached, and Mailmate did a
sync and initiated a mass delete? That sounds farfetched, but the timing
is just too coincidental.

Anyway, I could use some help figuring out what happened. Does MailMate
have logs that would show the commands it’s sent, that may have led to
deletion?

And most importantly, any suggestions on how I can recover these emails?
I have sent a request to my mail provider (FastMail) and am waiting to
hear back.

Pat

p.s. I’m not blaming MailMate... just trying to figure out what
happened, and how to recover the email, and this is one avenue to
explore.