[MlMt] Return-Path when sending message using an alias

Tom Kerswill tom at tomkerswill.co.uk
Mon Mar 29 09:14:20 EDT 2021

Hi

I used Gmail, and have that account set up in Mail Mate. I have a few
different "Send Mail As" entries in Gmail. I have entered these into the
mailbox properties in MailMate. I am then able to select one of these
 From addresses.

When I do this, Gmail rejects my message due to anti-spoofing.

I compared the headers in the MailMate message, with one sent by the web
interface. I found that MailMate changes the "From" address to the
correct one. However, it seems to leave the "Return-Path" header set to
my default email address.

Is there a way to have MailMate either not sent the Return-Path header,
or for that to match the From address?

Thanks

Tom