[MlMt] Latest MM test release for Big Sur

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Fri Mar 26 00:39:45 EDT 2021

On 2021-03-26 12:12:44 (+0800), Topher Buck wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what version—e.g., r5737—I’ll get (today) if
> I download <MailMateBigSur.tbz> via the __direct link__ in the __Big
> Sur__ paragraph on https://freron.com/download/?

This will get you r5757 (according to the Info.plist file included with
that download).

> The Alt-“Check Now” option in Preferences > Software Update
> provides r5757 (again, as of today). If I’m running Big Sur but
> don’t want to live on the bleeding edge, which is the better option?

After being on r5757 for a while, I have returned to the "bleeding edge"
(r5789 right now) because I kind of like having a native aarch64 binary.
  I can't say I'm bleeding much (or at all).  MailMate test releases are
very stable.  The few notable exceptions I've encountered since I
started using MailMate have invariably been fixed very quickly.

> And if I should use <MailMateBigSur.tbz>, what do I need to know about
> installation? For example, once unzipped, will that file produce an
> installer package?

You get a MailMate.app which you can drag to your Applications folder.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer