[MlMt] Restoring from backup

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Thu Mar 18 23:13:33 EDT 2021

On 18 Mar 2021, at 18:41, Martin S Taylor wrote:

> I've corrupted something in my IMAP file structure on my local
> fileserver. What files do I need to restore from Time Machine to get
> it back to the state it was in this morning?

The MailMate message store is in ~/Library/Application
Support/MailMate/Messages/ and the index of those messages which allows
MM to do fast searches is in ~/Library/Application
Support/MailMate/Database.noindex/ so if you restore those, you should
get everything you need. The risk of that is if you had MM open at
backup time and open files were not flushed to disk, you could have
inconsistencies between the messages and the index files or amongst the
index files themselves. If you do a restore from TM (or any other
backup) you should probably do a database rebuild as well, as described
in the MailMate Help documentation.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org