[MlMt] Question on IMAP mailboxes and rules from a MailMate newbie

Topher Buck mailmate at trbk.xyz
Tue Mar 16 13:30:01 EDT 2021

In general, I agree, but it’s not obvious to me that Fastmail’s
labels and mailboxes--let alone MailMate tags--work much better in
MailMate than Gmail’s. I’m sure this is one of those issues that
seems, to a non-coder like me, like it should be simple but isn’t.
(It’s also unclear to me whether Fastmail’s JMAP implementation has
any effect on this.) I have taken to using the “Move to Mailbox”
(⌥⌘T) command rather than tagging messages and trying to map
MailMate tags to Fastmail labels.

If any experienced Fastmail users have better ideas, I’d love to hear
them. Thank you.

/topher