[MlMt] Question on IMAP mailboxes and rules from a MailMate newbie

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Mon Mar 15 09:41:35 EDT 2021

On 2021-03-14 02:43:51 (+0800), Andrew Buc wrote:
> What you see here is a start at duplicating my folder structure in
> Apple Mail. The Friends mailbox, as you might guess, is for personal
> correspondence. The Lists mailbox is for various listservs. I have
> many more friends and subscribe to many more listservs than shown, but
> I’m taking it a step at a time.
>
> The Friends and Lists mailboxes are directly under the “Andrew Buc
> (FastMail)” account. Is that where they should be?

You may want to consider changing your paradigm a bit and instead of
using physical mailboxes for groups like friends and lists, you use
smart mailboxes. You may find that this gives you even more flexibility
and control over your mail streams. I am talking from experience of
using POP with Eudora for many many many years and switching to IMAP and
MailMate a few years ago.

Robert