[MlMt] Downloading only a portion of a mailbox?

Jim Fenton fenton at bluepopcorn.net
Mon Mar 8 20:46:45 EST 2021

I would like to use Mailmate to access the IETF mail archive that is
made available via IMAP. Some of the mailing lists (folders) there are
enormous. Is there a way to add this server and subscribe to folders
with Mailmate only accessing the latest, say, 5000 messages per folder?

On a related topic, how much of the mail do I end up storing locally? Is
it just the headers, plus message bodies for messages I read, or does it
pull everything down for me to read potentially offline? In this
situation, I’m happy to sacrifice the offline capability to save time
and space.

-Jim