[MlMt] The ‘Type’ column in Rules

Jolin Warren jolinwarren+mailmate at oakandapple.org
Mon Mar 1 06:42:49 EST 2021

On 1 Mar 2021, at 11:33, Jolin Warren wrote:
> This raises another question for me, though: what would be the point
> of a condition-only or action-only rule? Can anyone think of how these
> might be used?

I’ve just inadvertently answered half of my question: an action-only
rule will apply to all messages in the folder. This is useful as I
sometimes want a rule to apply to everything, and previously have used
the inelegant workaround of a condition that the date is within the last
30 years.

I’m still not sure what purpose a condition-only rule would serve, so
any insights much appreciated.

--
=> Jolin