[MlMt] next message is auto-marked read

Tue Jul 27 07:07:26 EDT 2021

On 26 Jul 2021, at 15:53, Shoshanna Green wrote:

> I use the two-panel layout, opening messages in a separate window.
> When I move or delete a message that is open in its own window, the
> message that is then newly selected in the messages list gets marked
> as read, even though it has never been opened. (This doesn't happen if
> I move or delete a message from the message list without opening it in
> its own window.) I'm sure I've seen this misbehavior before, but I
> can't remember what I did about it...help?

I have the same setup and see this same bug. My theory is that the next
message is selected _before_ the message window closes instead of after,
causing it to be opened for a split second.

Until this is fixed, what I’ve done is enable the setting to “Mark
messages as read after 1.5 seconds”. That causes them to be marked as
read when I actually open them, but not when they get selected for a
split-second. Of course, you can tweak the delay to find what works for
you.

--
Rob McBroom