[MlMt] Where is the list of fields? e.g. ${#source.path} (to customize Downloads Sub folder)

Mon Jul 26 07:29:38 EDT 2021

On 23 Jul 2021, at 2:02, Christian Bailey via mailmate wrote:

> Bill, thank you, very helpful to learn that these field names are not
> “defined” by MailMate but rather whatever is used in the header.

There's also the `specifiers.plist` file in the MailMate application
bundle. This kind of describes the available parsers for sub-parts of
header values, e.g., `from.address`. It's also possible to create custom
specifiers, but this is a pretty low-level “feature”.

(Most of the specifiers are handled by regular expressions, but some
have built-in parsers in MailMate for performance and robustness reasons
-- a lot of bugs in some types of headers need to be handled.)

> So I tested with the default ${#source.#name}/${#source.path} and
> attachments still save in the  “Default Downloads Folder”, not a
> Sub folder.
>
> Can anyone else reproduce? Is this a bug?

I'll note to check that this still works. A lot of code has been
rewritten in the past year including code related to saving attachments.