[MlMt] What MailMate files can I safely omit from my backups

Sam Hathaway list.mailmate at munkynet.org
Sat Jul 24 21:38:40 EDT 2021

Let’s say that my Mac burns up in a fire and I lose access to my Fastmail account _at the same time_. I think all my mail will be safe and sound if I back up `~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Messages.noindex`.

Everything else in the `MailMate` folder is very small, except for `Database.noindex`, which is not only 1.7 GB on my machine but changes constantly. Can I get away with excluding that folder from my backups? Will MailMate regenerate it if it’s missing?

I suppose I could try it but I don’t really want to. Thanks for any insight.

Cheers,
-sam