[MlMt] Local email archiving status/options?

freron at aetm.us freron at aetm.us
Mon Jan 25 10:02:29 EST 2021

On 25 Jan 2021, at 3:30, Fredrik Jonsson 'frjo at xdeb.org' wrote:

>> 2) I might end up with duplicates. Or does MM automatically no import
>> duplicates? Any recommendations on de-duplication?
>
> You have the "Edit -> Select Duplicates" command but I have never made
> use of it.

Great tip. I’d seen that that’s built-in to MM. It also allows quick
visual review.

>> 5) Is there a way to open a message in a
>> separate window?
>
> Select a message and go to "File -> Open Message".
>
> As other has mention hitting "return" also work.

Thank you! @Thomas Grundberg: Thanks to you too: “Return” works!
However, a double-click does not open the message for me. It does (very
helpfully) search on sender or subject if I double click either of
those.

> I have mapped it to "O" in my custom keybindings.
>
> Custom keybindings and smart folders are the killer feature of
> MailMate
> in my opinion.

I’m so excited to set these up. Most urgently I need to “Go To”
each of the individual Sources’ Inbox, Archive, and Sent Items. I have
totally different contexts for my mail and don’t use the combined
views at all.