[MlMt] Dragging Emails to Desktop for Long Term Achive

Zak McClellan zmcclellan at diconconsulting.com
Thu Jan 21 17:43:38 EST 2021

Mick-

This is customizable.  Information may be found here:

- https://manual.mailmate-app.com/hidden_preferences.html
- https://lists.freron.com/mailmate/2014-December/003494.html

I have mine set up this way:

Command: defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmFilenameFormatString
-string '${#date/(\S*) (\d\d):(\d\d):(\d\d).*/$1_$2-$3-$4/} -
[${from.name:${from.address}}] - ${subject}.eml'
Result: 2016-09-26_16-21-59 - [Zak] - Email Subject.eml

The only issue I have is the timezone used to label the file.  Some
messages use the local time, some use UTC.  It does mess up file
sorting.

Not sure about dragging and dropping in one step.  I just tag the saved
email as 'saved-eml.'

-Zak