[MlMt] Navigate with space key in sources: crossing the borders of mailboxes and accounts

Andreas Borutta borumat at gmx.de
Sat Jan 2 03:00:23 EST 2021

Hey all :)

Happy new year!

Some month ago I asked for missed feature. I tried to use Mailmate without that
feature, but it doesn't fit for me.

Therefore I like to explain the usecase, my motive more precisely.

I understand, that the power of MM are the smart mailboxes.

At the moment I don't need that power.
I'm completely satisfied with a couple of IMAP folders.
(Let's call them Folder1, Folder2, Folder3)

Mainly I use one single IMAP account.
(Let's call it MyMainAccount)

Only rarely do I use 5 other IMAP accounts.
(Let's call them Lorem, Ipsum, Dolor, Adipisit, Eiusmod)
I get an incoming mail in those accounts about once a week.

What is the intended usage of MM?

It is using the upper section with "Mailboxes" and not the lower section with "Sources".

What do I get in the section "Mailboxes"?

Mailboxes
	>All Messages
	ˇInbox
		ˇMyMainAccount
			SmartMailbox Folder1
			SmartMailbox Folder2
			SmartMailbox Folder3
		Lorem
		Ipsum
		Dolor
		Adipisit
		Eiusmod
	>Drafts
	>Junk
	ˇSent Messages
		MyMainAccount
		Lorem
		Ipsum
		Dolor
		Adipisit
		Eiusmod
	>Deleted Messages
	>Archive

What do I get, when I use the section sources?

Sources
	ˇMyMainAccount
		Inbox
		Drafts
		Junk
		Sent Messages
		Folder1
		Folder2
		Folder3
		Deleted Messages
	>Lorem
	>Ipsum
	>Dolor
	>Adipisit
	>Eiusmod

Compared to the section mailboxes the section sources in my usecase is a lot slimmer
and clearer.

That's why I would love to see an option to navigate in the sources with the space
key through all the unread messages.

Without the need of over changing manually to a folder or an account.

Yes, I'm very used to this behaviour from my Mail Client Thunderbird or from my News
Client 40tude Dialogue.
I love this behaviour of "Single Key Read".

What do you think about my feature request please?

Best regards, Andreas