[MlMt] Dealing with MailMate disk usage

Nicholas Vahalik nick at nickvahalik.com
Wed Feb 24 13:54:26 EST 2021

I apologize if this isn’t very helpful but, IIRC, both HFS+ and APFS
have some support for directory-level compression.

There appears to be an [answer on Ask
Different](https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/360120/apfs-how-do-i-enable-transparent-compression)
which addresses this: namely usage of either the `ditto` or the
`afsctool` (available via Homebrew).

Perhaps this may offer some you some relief?

Nick