[MlMt] Rules "older than" question?

Robert Wall rswall at rswall.com
Thu Feb 18 09:03:00 EST 2021

So in /Users/robertwall/Library/Application
Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist, I would find my rule, and change the
line in my rule (this is Mailmate's "message is received last week"
default rule) that says:

   filter = "(#date-received >[f] 2 weeks ago and #date-received <[f] 1
weeks ago)";

to something more like

   filter = "(#date-received <[f] 7 days ago)";

?

It feels like those > and < symbols are backwards. > 2 weeks ago and < 1
weeks ago doesn't feel like it should match anything - can anybody help
me wrap my head around that syntax? :D Or is "filter" describing the
messages to *keep*?

Happy to write rules manually if necessary, as long as I have some
confidence I'm doing it correctly!