[MlMt] MailMate width

Roger Sheen infotexture at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 11:47:31 EST 2021

On Wednesday, 2021-12-08, at 18:24 CET, Esteban Umerez wrote:
> every time I use markdown and the preview pane opens, the width grows bigger.

Same here.

With Markup syntax set to Markdown, the moment any Markdown syntax is entered, the Preview pane opens, but instead of splitting the current window width in two as expected, the Preview pane increases the window size, pushing the right side beyond the display boundaries.

When you edit to remove the Markdown syntax, the Preview disappears again, but instead of restoring the original window size, it reverts to half of that.

One workaround I’ve found is to toggle the message preview pane from appearing on the right side of the compose view to show at the bottom instead.

(This doesn’t make good use of a widescreen layout, but at least doesn’t change the size of the parent window.)

Hope that helps,

Roger