[MlMt] Password popup box

Thu Dec 9 10:15:13 EST 2021

On 7 Dec 2021, at 18:10, Annamarie Pluhar wrote:

> Why is this happening? I have many email accounts. The ones that are
> on my domain names are all managed by SiteGround. Sometimes several
> times a day, sometimes not for many days, I will suddenly get popups
> to enter the password for the account. Here’s a
> [screenshot.](https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpy03yafvmlt1in/Popup%20Password.png?dl=0).
>  It’s mainly just annoying as the password autocompletes and I can
> just hit okay, but I guess I’d like to understand why it’s
> happening now and wasn’t before. I did change the server address
> thinking that might be the issue.

Somehow MailMate misinterprets a repeated error as a possible password
issue (server are not always good at telling the email client exactly
what the problem is). First try updating to the latest beta of MailMate
(in the Software Update preferences pane).

If it still happens then open the Activity Viewer (⌥⌘0) and keep it
open (this enables logging). After you see the issue then use “Help
▸ Send Server Logs” and I'll see if MailMate could behave
differently given how it fails.