[MlMt] MailMate and Monterey

Jolin Warren jolinwarren+mailmate at oakandapple.org
Sat Dec 4 05:59:35 EST 2021

On 25 Nov 2021, at 17:18, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
> On 23 Nov 2021, at 13:59, Jolin Warren wrote:
>
>> Thanks everyone who responded, I downloaded r5848, moved my MailMate folder to the new machine, and it’s all working well! This new version looks really nice, too, though I’ve lost my custom header layout on message windows. I suppose I need to update my headersFormatting.plist file for the new message viewer layout engine. Are there any sample files for this?
>
> No, this feature no longer works. It might return, but it won't be soon since it's definitely one of the features I won't be working on before I've made a new public release. Sorry.

Ok, good to know so I don’t waste time investigating!

To be honest, I could do without the full customisation, but what’s really important to me is being able to specify additional headers to be shown at the top of the message viewer window. This is something that is available in Mail (and was in Eudora before that ;-) ). There, in the “Viewing” preferences, there’s a “Show message headers:” option that can be set to a custom list where you add headers to display (see attachment).

Being able to see a few additional headers is fairly important to the way I manage my email – I don’t suppose there’s any chance you’ll add a feature like this? I’m happy to forgo full customisation if I could have a simple list of headers that will be shown in the viewer window!

--
=> Jolin