[MlMt] changing a Hidden Preference back to its default

Steve Joyner 0l.mailmate at lst.sent.com
Fri Apr 23 20:04:17 EDT 2021

Hi all,

I'm new to the list here. (I got tired of Apple Mail. As legacy user of
Eudora and Mulberry, I was looking for a "purist" email client. So far,
MailMate fits the bill. :)

Following the [hidden
preferences](https://manual.mailmate-app.com/hidden_preferences.html)
instructions, I applied the following via Terminal:

- Some users prefer to always have the initial focus in the text editor
of the Composer window, also for new messages:

`defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmComposerInitialFocus -string
"alwaysTextView"`

I would like to set this back to its default; that is, I want to have
the initial focus in the **To** field.

I see the following in `com.freron.MailMate.plist`:

`	<key>MmComposerInitialFocus</key>
	<string>alwaysTextView</string>
	<key>MmComposerMmBoxViewVerticalMmSplitViewVertical</key>
`

... but I don't know what to change `alwaysTextView` to.

I'd be grateful for any help.

--
/Steve