[MlMt] Unwanted notifications

John Cooper mailmate at coopercontent.com
Fri Apr 23 13:07:50 EDT 2021

I'm running MailMate version 1.13.1 (5676) on MacOS Mojave (10.14.6).

Normally I use MailMate only with my primary email account, but recently
I added two of my "junk" email accounts, Hotmail and Yahoo. The problem
involves Yahoo. When a message arrives in Yahoo's Inbox, I receive an
audible notification that I don't want.

I do not have any counters set up for Yahoo, so there appears to be no
way to prevent the audible beep by adjusting my counters preferences.

Further, and more surprisingly, I receive these notifications even after
setting my synchronization preference for Yahoo to "Manually." Yes,
although I believe I've set Yahoo email never to arrive unless I ask for
it, I still receive mail -- and its audible alert -- when I haven't
asked for it.

Can anyone help me deactivate notifications for the Yahoo email account
without removing the account from MailMate?

Thanks,
John