[MlMt] Sound Device for MailMate Sound Effects

Pete Long pete at valar.uk.net
Sat Apr 10 05:06:56 EDT 2021

Hi all,

I have a question about sound effects when sending and receiving email. From
what I can tell, MailMate always seems to use the sound device selected in
the Settings/Sound preferences window rather than the internal speakers of
my Mac Mini.

This seems pretty logical but I do like to have user interface sounds coming
out of the Mac Mini's internal speaker, reserving the other sound devices
for music and videos etc.

Have I missed a setting somewhere to make MailMate use the 'Sound Effects'
audio interface instead of whatever device is highlighted in the 'Output'
section?

I'm running MailMate Version 1.14 (5789) on a late 2014 Mac Mini which has
macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 (20D91) installed.

Thanks.

Pete.