[MlMt] big sur, new message view window issue

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Wed Sep 30 11:09:45 EDT 2020

On 30 Sep 2020, at 9:00, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
> When I reduce the number of “about:” processes running then I
> believe it should also decrease the number of MTLCompilerServices (and
> the amount of memory used).

One concern is that these processes don’t seem to be going away after
I close a message view. I’m using 5722 and I currently have 11
“about:” processes and 14 MTLCompilerService processes.

> Are these emails large and/or are you low on memory?

Not particularly large emails or images, just a typical variety, though
some are “image-heavy” (political fundraising usually is). It’s
not a matter of running low on memory for me. I have 64 GB of RAM with
about 21GB in use.

The primary MailMate process is currently using 300MB, with another 3MB
for 1 MailMate Networking process, anywhere from 8MB to 14MB for each
“about:” process, and from 9MB up to 60MB for each
MTLCompilerService.

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net