[MlMt] big sur, new message view window issue

Wed Sep 30 09:00:37 EDT 2020

On 28 Sep 2020, at 17:02, Glenn Parker wrote:

> On Catalina 10.15.6 and MailMate 1.13.2 (5721) I am seeing 3 instances of MTLCompilerService spawned each time I open a message viewer or navigate the viewer to a different message.

I seem to be able to trigger these when viewing emails containing images. I'm guessing it's the WKWebView (the primary Apple GUI element used to display emails) which uses the GPU for some data processing.

> I also see those processes labeled, “about:”. The MTLCompilerService processes all run at 100%

I'm not seeing the 100% behavior, but maybe that's related to the specific emails you are displaying.

When I reduce the number of “about:” processes running then I believe it should also decrease the number of MTLCompilerServices (and the amount of memory used).

> CPU for about 10 seconds then disappear. It’s pretty noticeable when my laptop fan suddenly kicks in just for opening a message. :-)

Are these emails large and/or are you low on memory?