[MlMt] Comments on migrating from Mulberry (and Thunderbird)

Raza Rizvi raz at raz.org
Mon Sep 28 06:23:18 EDT 2020

..

>>> I'm not sure. It depends on how you move to the next message and
>>> what you expect to happen.
>>
>> I should have included more description. If I am reading a message
>> and I use the space bar, it will move down the message and then bring
>> up the next message (or at least I recall it doing that but it
>> won’t do it at present)
>
> Maybe related to changes you did to `MmMessagesOutlineMoveStrategy`?

I think I will strip out my changes and test one by one.

…

>> I meant more a sort of
>>
>> defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmDefaultCcHeader -string
>> me at example.com
>> as well as MmDefaultBccHeader
>
> What is your use case for this?

I have used a visible CC line in the format (for example)

   “(auto-CC) raza.rizvi at work-domain.TLD”

so people know I have kept a copy, by default. Yes Bcc is fine as a
substitute but prefer declaring it - it’s more polite and English!

> You might be able to do it using `MmAdditionalComposerHeaders`, but I
> haven't checked.

I will give it a go and report back.

Raza