[MlMt] Replies don't show original text in editable form

Mon Sep 28 04:18:12 EDT 2020

On 23 Sep 2020, at 22:24, TJ Luoma wrote:

> Sometimes when I hit try to reply to a message, I get something that looks
> like this:
>
> On 23 Sep 2020, at 14:26, Joan Smyth wrote:
>
>> 95CF6E9D-29B2-4A61-AC28-03DF372EC49A

This is MailMate failing to handle embedding the HTML of the original message.

> Is this a known bug? I'm using the latest MailMate as far as I know:
>
>      CFBundleVersion: 5683

It's not the latest test release. Hold down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the Software Update preferences pane or fetch it directly here: https://updates.mailmate-app.com/archives

Some test releases handle embedding HTML worse than the public release, but the latest test releases should be much more robust (also more robust than the public release).

> I am running on the latest Big Sur beta macOS version 11.0 (20A5374i) which may be a factor.

Probably not. The main issue on Big Sur is that printing doesn't work. I don't really know why (which means I haven't looked into it). The crash reports are a bit weird and it might be an Apple issue and not a MailMate issue.