[MlMt] Forward as Attachment uses .txt instead of .eml

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Fri Sep 18 11:50:37 EDT 2020

When I forward a message in MailMate Version 1.13.1 (5690) using
Message->Forward as Attachment, I end up with a text/plain attachment
that uses a .txt extension.

MailMate treats this as a vanilla text file, so it’s not very pretty
when I click on Quick Look, and I assume my recipients have the same
experience.

However I can save that text attachment, and replace the .txt to .eml.
If I then attach the .eml file to a new message, it works perfectly.

This seems like such a simple glitch that I wonder if I’m missing
something. Why doesn’t MailMate use the .eml file extension when
forwarding a message as an attachment?

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net