[MlMt] filtering by lists

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Wed Sep 9 21:58:49 EDT 2020

On 2020-09-09 19:45:32 (+0800), Robert Brenstein wrote:
> On 9 Sep 2020, at 12:28, Philip Paeps wrote:
>> On 2020-09-09 00:09:05 (+0800), Evan Silberman wrote:
>>> How might I create a smart folder that catalogs all of my emails
>>> sent to various mailing lists?
>>
>> Most mailing lists will set a List-Id header.  You could filter on
>> that.
>
> Mail coming from the lists will have that header but not new mails
> being sent by the OP, which is the case if I understood it correctly.
> One might need to create a smart folder with “sent” mailbox as
> source and with “any of the below” condition and a list of
> to-addresses of all mailing lists.

Most mailing lists will send a copy of the posting back to the poster
with a List-Id header.  So a filter on All Messages with List-Id and
 From should do the trick.

But your suggestion to filter Sent for a set of mailing lists will work
too.  It'll also catch lists that don't send a copy or that don't
include a List-Id header.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps