[MlMt] Triggers for Smart Folder Rules

Carlos Moffat carlos at moffat.cl
Wed Sep 9 14:34:05 EDT 2020

Hi,

I’m trying to understand better how to use Smart Folders. I have a
Smart Folder that shows emails with the Tag (also Gmail/IMAP label)
“ToReply” (this allows me to mark emails to answer on the go by
applying the label from my phone, or with a shortcut in MailMate)
contained anywhere on my account (so I can mark an email ToReply and
move it out of the Inbox if needed).

I would like the email to be removed from the Smart Folder when I reply
to it. My naive understanding of this is that I could set up a rule that
would remove the tag if the message is “replied”, but this of course
doesn’t work unless I manually apply the rules to the folder, which
defeats the purpose of the automation, so I have to manually remove the
tag after I reply to the email.

Any ideas on how to make a workflow like the above work?

Thanks,
Carlos