[MlMt] OT: iOS mail client

Bryce Wray bwray at wraytx.com
Fri Sep 4 09:28:01 EDT 2020

On 4 Sep 2020, at 8:05, MlMt at rhp.tw wrote:

> Have you attempted to contact the Preside developer? I've found that
> he's incredibly helpful and replies quickly.
>
> On Fri Sep 04, 2020 at 06:28 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>
>> Preside is very powerful but totally fails on large inboxes (I have
>> 1.000.000+ messages). I gave it 2 weeks to try and stop fetching new
>> messages but never completed.
>> It never managed to show new messages consistently because of this.
>>
>> In the end I've settled with Spark which has decent smart folders and
>> does not choke on the big inbox.
>>
>> /max
>> https://xam.dk/about

First, thanks to Guillaume Barrette for the article plug elsewhere in
this thread. :-)

The Preside dev is, indeed, extraordinarily helpful and responsive; but
he also hints within Preside’s FAQ page about issues with mailboxes
with massive numbers of emails. For example, in
https://preside.io/faq.html#NotificationsTooLong: “One more thing that
can help a lot is to keep your Inboxes clean. The app can check an Inbox
with 50 emails a LOT faster than it can check an Inbox with 5,000
emails.”

Of course, that reference is specifically about notifications, and thus
perhaps unrelated to the issue mentioned here. Just FYI.

Best wishes,

Bryce Wray
bwray at wraytx.com
https://brycewray.com