[MlMt] system alert sound randomly occurring when selecting messages in MM

Lisa Sieverts lisa at lisasieverts.com
Sun Oct 25 13:46:59 EDT 2020

Eric Sharakan <esharakan at gmail.com> said:

> Hi, has anyone else noticed this odd behavior: sometime MailMate will
> emit the system alert sound when I select certain messages for
> viewing.  I don't see anything unusual about the messages it chooses
> to do this with, and the behavior goes away (but eventually returns)
> if I restart MM.

YES I have seen this behavior every day. Since I don’t have sound on
for alerts, the thing I notice is that as I’m going through my Inbox,
every so often instead of a down arrow (or N/P with my key bindings)
moving me to the next message, what I see is that the Apple Menu has
been highlighted and opened instead. I have to click away from that and
then highlight my next message in Mailmate and at that point I can work
normally until the next time it happens. I see this behavior at least 2x
and up to 10+ times in a typical day. I’d love to be able to stop this
behavior.

Thank you,
Lisa

Lisa Sieverts