[MlMt] Smart Mailbox - include submailbox

Martin S Taylor mailmate at martinstaylor.com
Fri Oct 16 03:38:15 EDT 2020

On 16 Oct 2020, at 0:27, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> I have never tried putting regular IMAP mailboxes into a smart
> mailbox. It seems counter-intuitive to me.

I don't see why. Suppose I have a IMAP mailbox called TopLevel, which
contains SecondLevel1, SecondLevel2, and SecondLevel3, and SecondLevel1
contains ThirdLevel1 and ThirdLevel2. How can I set up a smart mailbox
which contains only, say, the emails which are inside SecondLevel3 or
ThirdLevel2? Or for that matter, how can I set up a smart mailbox which
contains *all* the emails in TopLevel and its nested sub-mailboxes?

> I believe that the key is that no source mailboxes are selected and no
> conditions are set for the mailbox with that checkbox set.

Sorry, I don't understand this. Could you clarify?

Martin