[MlMt] Posting to this list

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Thu Oct 8 13:06:22 EDT 2020

On 8 Oct 2020, at 11:06, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> On 8 Oct 2020, at 10:52, Bill Cole wrote:
>
>> On 8 Oct 2020, at 9:32, Glenn Parker wrote:
>>
>>> And yet, AFAIK MailMate has no support for bottom-posting replies in
>>> the composer window, which is frustrating.
>>>

>> And yet, it does.  It is not in the obvious place, which would be the
>> Composer pane.
>>
>> In the Signatures pane, there's a "Caret placement" menu and
>> "Default signature placement" radio buttons. If the latter is set to
>> "Bottom" and the former is set to "Above Signature," then in a reply
>> you get quoted text above the insertion point and the signature (if
>> any) below that.
>
> So after just posting that this isn't working at all for me, I tried
> clicking the "Reset Signature Usage History" button in the Signatures
> pane, and voila!, it works now.
>
> Thanks.

I have to say that, even after staring at the UI in the Signature pane
more than once, I simply had no idea that this was an option. I’m very
glad to have learned. Thanks, Bill!

The combination of the 2 radio buttons for Default signature placement
and the 3-item menu for Caret placement is not intuitive (at least for
me). A panel with 6 diagrams, one for each of the possible combinations,
would work better for my brain.

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net