[MlMt] How to forward without quoting?

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sat Nov 28 14:26:43 EST 2020

On 26 Nov 2020, at 22:16, leo wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I sometimes want to forward an (HTML) email without quoting - how do I
> do this?

Have you tried just using the "Message->Edit as New Message" command?
That does create a new message with the same plaintext content as the
current message.

It will also have the problem of not preserving HTML if you try to do
anything to it. which is unavoidable. There's no safe way for a mail
client to modify an HTML message it did not create.

Redirect would work,  IF your mail provider allowed you to send mail
with any arbitrary "From" header, but the error message you posted
indicates that they do not. They may have some way for you to add
addresses that you can use in From headers by verifying that they are
yours, but if you want to redirect mail from arbitrary senders, that's
probably not possible with that mail provider. It also is likely to have
delivery problems beyond your own provider if the original sender is in
an unrelated domain.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org