[MlMt] Email more than 2 days old being permanently deleted

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Fri Nov 27 16:44:56 EST 2020

On 27 Nov 2020, at 11:11, Charlie Clark wrote:

> This sounds suspiciously like Antonio's issue of e-mail being removed
> from trash after 7 days and, hence, a server setting. Probably because
> people never get around to emptying the trash.

I help manage mid-sized (SMB/SOHO outsourcing) mail systems and can
attest to the fact that some people seem to never empty their trash
mailboxes. For support purposes, if I could, I would would eagerly
auto-expunge all of our users' trash mailboxes on an aggressive schedule
(7 days seems good) if users would modify their behavior and thinking to
treat their trash mailboxes (and messages marked as "Deleted" in regular
mailboxes) as a short-term safeguard against accidental deletion rather
than as a permanent archive of mail that isn't worth their effort to
categorize.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org