[MlMt] Big Sur Printing - cmd-P crashes Version 1.13.2 (5673)

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Sat Nov 14 03:34:26 EST 2020

On 2020-11-14 15:49:04 (+0800), Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>> On 2020-11-13 16:40:42 (+0800), Rick Cogley wrote:
>>> Hello - just upgraded to Big Sur, and while basically everything
>>> appears to be working ok, I am having trouble with printing in MM
>>> Version 1.13.2 (5673).
>
> Yes, this is a known issue on Big Sur. The only workaround is to
> switch to the latest cutting edge upload of MailMate:
> [MailMate_r5737.tbz](https://updates.mailmate-app.com/archives/MailMate_r5737.tbz)

Thanks Benny!  This reply was sent using r5737.  I confirm that printing
works.

> It includes thousands of other changes (compared to the public
> release) which means there's likely to be other new issues. Right now,
> I don't know about any major issues, but I'll only recommend Big Sur
> users to download it for now. (It also includes various visual fixes
> specifically done for Big Sur.)
>
> On 14 Nov 2020, at 1:45, Philip Paeps wrote:
>
>> This happens to me as well after upgrading this morning.
>> I'm using Version 1.13.2 (5726) on macOS 11.0.1 (20B29).
>>
>> If that's the worst thing that breaks after this update, I'll be very
>> happy. :)  New macOS releases are invariably fraught with peril.  But
>> I have no sense of self-preservation.
>
> The r5726 release is the latest test release. I've been holding back
> on making r5737 a test release since it includes some recent major
> general code changes which could (and did) break a lot of things.
> Compiling specifically for Big Sur also had some implicit
> side-effects, for example, I *think* it implicitly broke notifications
> in MailMate (which I've now re-implemented using a newer API in r5737
> which also had to be done for other reasons).

Note that I meant that macOS upgrades are fraught with peril, not
MailMate upgrades.  I track your latest bleeding edge test releases
(when I remember to check) and I can't remember the last time I had to
pick any shrapnel out of my face. ;)

Philip

--
Philip Paeps