[MlMt] Big Sur Printing - cmd-P crashes Version 1.13.2 (5673)

Sat Nov 14 02:49:04 EST 2020

> On 2020-11-13 16:40:42 (+0800), Rick Cogley wrote:
>> Hello - just upgraded to Big Sur, and while basically everything appears to be working ok, I am having trouble with printing in MM Version 1.13.2 (5673).

Yes, this is a known issue on Big Sur. The only workaround is to switch to the latest cutting edge upload of MailMate: [MailMate_r5737.tbz](https://updates.mailmate-app.com/archives/MailMate_r5737.tbz)

It includes thousands of other changes (compared to the public release) which means there's likely to be other new issues. Right now, I don't know about any major issues, but I'll only recommend Big Sur users to download it for now. (It also includes various visual fixes specifically done for Big Sur.)

On 14 Nov 2020, at 1:45, Philip Paeps wrote:

> This happens to me as well after upgrading this morning.
> I'm using Version 1.13.2 (5726) on macOS 11.0.1 (20B29).
>
> If that's the worst thing that breaks after this update, I'll be very happy. :)  New macOS releases are invariably fraught with peril.  But I have no sense of self-preservation.

The r5726 release is the latest test release. I've been holding back on making r5737 a test release since it includes some recent major general code changes which could (and did) break a lot of things. Compiling specifically for Big Sur also had some implicit side-effects, for example, I *think* it implicitly broke notifications in MailMate (which I've now re-implemented using a newer API in r5737 which also had to be done for other reasons).