[MlMt] Adding rule based on spam headers

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Wed Nov 11 09:45:47 EST 2020

Hiya,

much as I like MailMate, I find its support for spam detection sub-par.
I understand that there is a preference for SpamSieve but many mail
servers already have spam filters like Spam Assassin, so why not make
more us of them? Even Apple Mail does a good job with them. As a result,
I'm currently running Apple Mail on accounts where I'm seeing a lot of
spam and let it the filtering. I checked the rules that are used and
they don't look bad:

* sender in contacts
* sender in exisiting recipients
* to contains full name
* trust spam headers

Has anyone figured out conditions for rules like this? I've got headers
like this:

	URIBL_ABUSE_SURBL,URIBL_BLOCKED autolearn=no autolearn_force=no
	version=3.4.2

Where I'd like to be able to set the threshold a bit lower but I can't
think of an easy way of doing this at the moment with the score not
being available as a separate header.

What are you all doing?

Charlie

--