[MlMt] strikethrough

Guillaume Barrette guitest02 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 09:08:18 EDT 2020

One other point...

I've seen that we may be able to change the markdown processor of
MailMate. This is a hack, so not the best option and I don't know what
could break (not tested on my side), but if anyone want to have some
information.

It seems that we should be able to change the processor by change the
`sundown` processor for inside MailMate.app bundle (at:
`/Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/bin/sundown`) and get
the results in MailMate. For example, to switch to multimarkdown or
something else.

Here is a post of someone who did it:
https://www.mail-archive.com/mailmate@lists.freron.com/msg05913.html

 From what I think, you should replace the `sundown` file with for
example the `multimarkdown` file while changing its name to `sundown` so
MailMate catch it. I recommend to backup the `sundown` file if you want
to try or this should be reverted on each MailMate install/update (so
you will need to do the procedure again on each update).

So, this is not the best solution and I won't recommend it since this
could break MailMate, but I thought I would tell in case this could help
someone.

With that said, another feature request to Benny, it could be great to
allow a `custom` markup syntax from the MailMate Rich Text preference so
we can switch to another one that we prefer. And also, adding this to
the Composer markup drop-down menu could be great to write different
email in different markup. This could allow to switch (for example)
between:

- Plain text
- Markdown
- MultiMarkdown
- CriticMarkup
- org-mode
- or anything else that we wish to use

I think this could open some great opportunities with MailMate :)

Or maybe we could have some "tags" to define a section of an email to be
processed with a specific markup language. For example, see how Marked
do it for a `Fountain` section using the [scrippet] tag
[here](https://marked2app.com/help/Fountain_for_Screenwriters.html)

Best,

--
Guillaume