[MlMt] Ideas to reduce the footprint of MailMate

Guillaume Barrette guitest02 at gmail.com
Mon May 11 00:08:09 EDT 2020

Hi Bill,

  Thanks again for your help!

Regarding the rules that apply tags, actually I had one for each emails
that added a tag to each new email and that were changed at a later time
by a Google Apps Script. I now removed them and removed the script. I'll
see if this changes something (actually I did it some hours ago and with
only 1 email online in MM and I still see the download raise a little
too much; seems to be less than before, but still a lot more than what
Sam gets).

Now I've been running with my biggest email account (102,819 emails) for
about 2 or maybe 3 hours and I have 170 mb downloads. So, I guess this
is the one that is the most problematic... I'll keep looking at it.

You said that Gmail auto tagging could cause the download of email
multiple times, could this happen with the auto mark as Important in
Gmail ? and when we flag an email (starred) ? Or since those 2 mailboxes
are not subscribed, then this shouldn't cause any problem?

Thanks,

--
Guillaume