[MlMt] default columns keep forgetting its state

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Wed Mar 25 21:52:03 EDT 2020

This has been a bug with MailMate since the day I started using it.
It’s an *extremely* annoying bug to run into when you’re still
trying to figure out the whole system. I wrote to Benny about it, but I
don’t think I conveyed the problem very clearly at the time.

I eventually found an awkward workaround, but then I recently stumbled
over this problem again somehow, and I had to remember my workaround. I
adjust the columns for one view including an “extra” column, e.g.
the Security (Lock icon) and make that the default column layout. Then I
delete the extra column. That seems to keep the resulting column
arrangement stable in that view. For other views, I revert to the
default layout, then delete the extra column again. So, none of the
views are really using the default layout, but it’s not too hard to
get them to my preferred layout.

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net